NAWIC Treasurer Role
The National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) New Zealand is a not-for profit association which aims to be the leading voice for women in the construction industry.
We are volunteers who work either in the construction industry or for business organizations who provide services to the sector. NAWIC encourages women to pursue, establish and sustain successful careers.
There is a vacancy for National Treasurer to take care of the financial obligations of the association. We are looking for a person who has some flexible time outside their working hours to be able to take instructions and process things in the timeframes that others require.
About the role and time required:-
- Financial and other administrative tasks for 3-5 hours per week throughout the year.
- Membership renewal time requires up to 10 hours per week for some weeks between May and July.
- Preparation of the annual accounts (approx. 3-4 hours).
- Flexibility is required to meet urgent requests as required.
Duties are as follows:-
- Issuing of invoices and receipting of payments (Xero)
- Invoicing for membership - annual and fortnightly/monthly during the year
- Two way co-ordination with Membership Co-ordinator
- Monthly reconciliation reports to Membership Co-ordinator
- Quarterly reporting to the Board and President on financial matters
- Distribution of funds to chapters on quarterly basis
- Reminders re payment of invoices and write offs where required
- Preparation of accounts for review and reporting at AGM
- Lodging of accounts to maintain status with Companies Office
- Management of account signatories and other banking arrangements
- Correspondence with members re payments/receipts/writeoffs etc
- Reimbursements and payment of invoices according to payee requirements and timeframes
If you are interested in finding out more, or applying for the position, please contact the President of NAWIC NZ (Jenny Parker) on or before 10th January 2019. Send an email to: President@nawic.org.nz
Note:- You do not need to be a NAWIC member in order to apply for the position.
Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2018
by Rebecca Hodges